Cheese Enchilada Plate
Albuquerque’s Best Cheese Enchiladas? We think so.
There’s something so simple and appealing about cheese. It’s true. Sometimes you just don’t need anything else. Sometimes it’s exactly what you’re craving and exactly what you needed.
Here at Albuquerque’s Cocina Azul, our cheese enchilada plate often gets us thinking along these lines.
With its three hot, flat corn tortillas—
- its special blend of melted cheddar and Monterey jack cheese;
- the red or green sauce smothering all of it;
- the blue corn tortillas you can order to go with it;
- the sour cream you can add to place atop it; and
- the chicken or beef you can add to it, should you feel the urge
- —it may be that nothing anywhere is more delicious.
Our cheese enchilada plate can be perfect as well if you’re looking for a vegetarian option.
It also comes with your choice of two of any of the following:
- whole beans, the classic Western staple;
- savory, buttery white rice, in pillowy mounds;
- fideos, Spanish noodles, so satisfying;
- calabacitas—zucchini, squash and corn, like chords united in a sunlit song.
Follow your cheese enchiladas with a honey-soaked sopapilla and follow your taste buds into total contentment.